Happy Friday! Last night was exec selection, which meant that we finished work and climbed into bed at 5am this morning. So after a few hours of sleep and some time on campus, Matt and I headed straight to Papa Johns for my favorite comfort food as my brain was completely incapable of making dinner tonight. While pizza could be a great candidate for my first foodie friday post, I’ll spare you and share the recipe I was raving about on Monday. I might be biased but this tofu fried rice is amazing. Sometimes I get tired of eating chicken and tofu is a fantastic alternative in fried rice. This is also very simple and quick to make so if you’ve got about 20 minutes to make dinner and some white rice already cooked, this is your jam.
Tofu Fried Rice adapted from Cooking Classy
Yield: 4 servings
3 cups of cooked white (or brown) rice
1 8oz package of cubed super firm tofu
1 Tbs sesame oil, divided
1 Tbs canola oil, divided
1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
3 green onions chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large eggs
4 Tbs soy sauce
Salt and pepper
Sriracha, for serving
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil over medium heat.
2. Add drained tofu cubes once oil is hot, seasoning with salt and pepper for about 5 minutes. Transfer tofu to a bowl and set aside.
3. Using same skillet, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil.
4. Add peas and carrots blend as well as chopped green onions and saute 1 minute.
5. Add minced garlic and saute an additional minute.
6. Push vegetables to the sides of the skillet and cook and scramble the eggs in the center.
7. Return tofu to the skillet and add the cooked rice. Pour in soy sauce and add more as needed for taste. Use a little s&p for flavor and toss in some Sriracha for a bit of heat.
Let me know how it turns out for you!