I was a junior at James Madison University when my housemate, Lauren introduced me to Oreo Truffles. She and I had a habit of making desserts and delivering them to some of our friends’ houses–small group girls, friends and especially boys houses. You know, simply out of the joy of our hearts with absolutely no alterior motives. 😉
This dessert is extremely rich, addictive and probably very bad for you. It’s also cheap, easy, quick to make, and perfect for delivering to friends for holidays, as a thank you gift for a host or just because. I guarantee you, this dessert will leave your guests or host absolutely gushing and begging for the recipe, and when they do, you can send them here! Without further a due…
Lauren’s Oreo Truffles
Makes 20 truffles
1 package of Oreos
1 8oz. Package of cream cheese
2 bags of semi- sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1. Pulse all Oreos in a food processor until blended into crumbs
2. Combine Oreos crumbs and block of cream cheese until thoroughly mixed–best done with your hands!
3. Roll Oreo/cream cheese mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
4. Microwave semi sweet chocolate chips in a bowl at 30 second intervals while stirring in between microwaving until chips are melted.
5. Roll Oreo balls in melted chocolate until covered. Place back on parchment paper.
6. Microwave white chocolate chips for 30 second intervals with stirring in between until melted.
7. Take a fork and drissle white chocolate over the chocolate covered Oreo truffles into designs as desired.
8. Place cookie sheet of truffles in the fridge for chocolate to harden for at least 1 hour.
I hope you enjoy these Oreo truffles as much as we have! Give them a try and let me know what you think!